- Your Team
- Massage Therapy
- Exercise of the Month
- Here's proof
- Fun Page
- Food for thought
- Our Friends in the Community
Food For Thought
Sbmitted by: Mary DeCastro
Mini Omelete Muffins
INGREDIENTS for 24 cupcakes:
o 1 red bell pepper
o 2 roma tomatoes
o good handful of fresh basil leaves
o 3-4 scallions (green onion)
o 6 whole eggs + 4 cups of egg whites
1. Chop up all of your veggies! Then mix them together in a large bowl. Next, whisk your whole eggs and egg whites together in another bowl.
2. Line your muffin tins with cupcake holders and spray with PAM. If you don’t have liners, you can directly spray PAM onto the tin. Then fill your cups with about a tablespoon of egg mixture.
3. Next fill the rest of the cup up with veggies! Then fill to the top with the rest of your eggs. You can pretty much fill to the brim.
4. Pop them into the oven at 375F for about 20-30 min or until you see that they are firm on top.
Simply peel the egg muffins out of your liners and serve with some salsa. Super yummy!!!!
This is a great meal for those of you who have super stressful mornings and don’t have time to make an omelet. Just refrigerate and pop in the micro for like 30 sec and you’re off!
NUTRITION INFO: per muffin: 44.2 cals, 1.4g fat, 1.3g carbs, 6g protein.
total recipe: 1061 cals, 34g fat, 32g carbs, 144g protein.